The publisher of the world’s greatest cartoonists is looking for a pro-active and organized candidate to join our team of 25 employees!
We are a small company seeking an experienced office manager for our publishing headquarters in North Seattle. Our ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in the good work that we do, can quickly learn new procedures, multi task, and prioritize. As the office manager, you will also be responsible for overseeing our two person customer service department and coordinating their daily workflow.
The position is 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday, no weekends or major holidays, with benefit package included. A small business salary will be commensurate with experience. The company provides substantially paid health and a 401k with partial match. Located in North Seattle with free street parking and nearby bus routes – we’d love to have you join our casual and friendly team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare consumer and resale invoices
• Create royalty records in book publishing software
• Manage inventory, within book publishing software, for our warehouse and store
• Routinely re-stock office supplies
• Maintain office equipment and arrange necessary repairs/service
• Train and assist the customer service department, when needed
• Answer phones and re-direct calls to appropriate departments
• Maintain petty cash; create a monthly report for the accounting department
• Organize in-office events and birthdays
• Computer savvy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient with Mac and PC
• Gmail and Google Drive
• Experience with a multi-line phone system
• CMS skills
• Problem solving and critical thinking
• Great organizational skills
• 40+ WPM
• Experience with industry specific software preferred
Must be available to start no later than May 1.
Please follow these instructions carefully when applying for this position (you will be evaluated for your ability to follow directions!):
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “OFFICE MANAGER POSITION” and contains the text of your cover letter in the body of the email.
• Do not attach your cover letter to the email.
• Attach your resume in either Word or PDF format.
• You may attach recommendation letters, a list of your references we can contact, or some other proof/examples that you are an organized person qualified for the position.