We’re Hiring a new Social Media and Events Coordinator!
Fantagraphics Books is looking for a full-time Social Media and Events Coordinator, working in our Seattle headquarters and helping in our continuing mission to publish and promote the best cartoonists in the world. This person will work closely with marketing and promotions staff and be expected to travel to multiple events per year in both the US and Canada.
Our ideal candidate for this position is an enthusiastic, creative, and skilled social media manager and content producer who has a solid understanding of social media marketing and online communities, the artists and books represented by Fantagraphics, and how best to serve them and their fans in a digital environment as well as the real world. This person must have excellent written and overall communication skills and an appreciation for how to continue to develop and expand the Fantagraphics voice within each unique social platform and our website. A thorough understanding of social media campaigns and a drive for creating and sharing engaging content and recognizing new opportunities is essential. The ability to work well as all members of the Fantagraphics marketing team is crucial as well.
The closing date to apply for this position is Tuesday, July 4th.
Summary : Social Media and direct-to-fan communications and event management and promotion
Social media and direct-to-fan communications
• Manage the social media efforts on behalf of Fantagraphics Books to increase awareness of our releases, authors and the Fantagraphics brand, and maintain regular communication on social channels for customer service opportunities, general fan interaction and identifying trends.
• Develop our growing email list and in coordination with Fantagraphics.com’s (ecommerce) priorities, write and deliver regular newsletters to this list, with the goal of growing direct-to-consumer sales as well as author and brand awareness.
• Schedule, organize and execute direct-to-fan communications, and create and distribute digital marketing assets on behalf of the publisher and its artists
• Monitor and effectively leverage ever-changing social media tools; stay current with best practices and tools and evolve different strategies as appropriate.
• Address social media challenges, suggest solutions, and help educate authors and staff on emerging social media technologies and industry best practices.
• Coordinate with customer service and warehouse to conceive of and execute web-sales
Event Management and Promotion
• Schedule, organize and execute author and publisher appearances and events at bookstores, comic book shops, festivals, and elsewhere.
• Work with publisher to help evolve strategies and determine best metrics to make decisions regarding efficient spending of limited promotional budgets.
• Attend relevant conventions and festivals and maintain and develop contacts with authors, booksellers, and fans.
• Prepare and execute inventory lists for events and conventions that maximize sales while minimizing unnecessary inventory.
Skills & Experience
• Some experience overseeing and developing content for a lifestyle or entertainment brand.
• Thorough knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest (and more) and integration of tools and third-party applications, such as MailChimp and Google Docs.
• Advanced computer skills required; strong technical skills preferred; aptitude with the usual suite of current office software and tools are all expected, notably Microsoft Office.
• Data, analytics, and metrics oriented; strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Ability to create and manipulate images and video for use online & familiarity with basic editing programs required; specific experience/background in graphic design, multimedia, video production and all relevant software (notably Adobe Creative Suite) preferred.
• Must be highly motivated and organized self-starter with the ability to multitask and communicate clearly and effectively through online communication and interpersonally as well. A creative thinker with the ability to work well both independently and as part of team to see tasks through to completion.
Supervisor: Associate Publisher
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com and put “Social Media and Events Manager” in the subject header.