Fantagraphics Books, internationally renowned publisher of graphic novels and art books, has a rare opening for a Graphic Designer. This is a part-time position in our Seattle office, though we have the possibility of remote work for an outstanding applicant. The position is 24 hours/week, Monday – Friday, and possibly full-time later. Specific hours and days are flexible. If you don’t currently live in the Seattle area, you must be willing to relocate. Salary dependent on experience.
What we’re looking for:
• A thorough knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop required. Any other programs are a plus.
• Strong layout and typographic sensibilities.
• Experience with print production and book layout strongly preferred, as well as a strong graphic sensibility for cover design.
• Detail oriented in your work and in your ability to track change requests and stay on top of deadlines.
• Work well independently as well as with the various personalities of editors, artists, and authors, taking in and utilizing feedback.
• Ability to find unique, engaging solutions that respect and adhere to the vision of the artists we package.
Your primary role as a Designer will be producing books (both laying out templated books and creating original interior and cover designs). You will also design ads (print and web), postcards, posters, etc. You will need to be a nimble designer, capable of solutions on a quick turnaround and able to maintain a steady workload. You will be responsible for sending press ready files to printers, so pre-press skills are a plus.
This is a creatively-satisfying, independent position with colleagues who are passionate about the work. An interest in comics is helpful but not critical.
Please email resumé and links to portfolio to email@example.com by August 21st, 2019.